Keystone Symposia on Molecular and Cellular Biology is holding a free virtual webcast on Drug Discovery: Current Trends in Medicinal Chemistry on April 26 2018 at 2:30 PM EST/6:30 PM BST. Dr Walter Moos (ShangPharma Innovation, CA, USA) will lead a roundtable discussion with four experts from biopharma on the challenges, pitfalls and opportunities in drug discovery today.
Topics of discussion include:
- How well do lead-finding technologies work compared to classical medicinal chemistry techniques?
- What potential is there for products such as peptides, proteins, antibodies and RNA-based therapies in light of the fact that nearly all the most prescribed therapeutics remain small molecule drugs?
- What is the optimal balance of in-house R&D vs outsourced work (e.g. CROs) throughout the drug discovery process?
- How can industry build more symbiotic partnerships with academia?
Panelists will answer audience questions live at the end of the panel discussion; you can submit a question when registering, via the chat room or on Twitter using the hashtag #VKSdrugdisc.
- Walter H. Moos, ShangPharma Innovation and University of California, San Francisco
- Gina Xiaojing Wang, Genentech, Inc. (CA, USA)
- Dmitry O. Koltun, Gilead Sciences, Inc. (CA, USA)
- Chudi Ndubaku, Aduro Biotech, Inc. (CA, USA)
- Eric B. Harstad, Theravance Biopharma (CA, USA; joining for the Q&A)