Welcome to the Spotlight on biophysical imaging in drug discovery
Take a look at our Spotlight exploring the use of biophysical imaging techniques in drug discovery. Enjoy access to exclusive interviews, editorials and peer-reviewed journal content from our partner journals.
Biophysical imaging techniques have become a standard part of the drug discovery process for academic researchers and pharmaceutical companies. From early-stage involvement in target identification and validation to evaluating disease models and driving biomarker analysis in clinical research, these tools provide the necessary structural information of biological systems to drive this process.
In this Spotlight, we aim to review advancements and current obstacles in the development and application of biophysical imaging techniques in drug discovery. We will take a look at the implications of novel techniques such as cryo-EM, the continuous development of more established methods including x-ray crystallography and investigate the evolving application of these methods to various aspects of drug discovery.
You can access the highlights below, as well as any exclusive content published over the coming weeks, on the Spotlight channel. Follow us on Twitter @RxNetFSG or Linkedin to keep up to date with the latest content and, as always, we welcome you to share your thoughts in the comments below or by tweeting us.
- Biochemical and biophysical techniques in drug discovery: an interview with Martin Redhead
- Advancing GPCR pharmacology: an interview with Giuseppe Deganutti
- NMR structure opens doors for thrombosis therapeutic strategy: an interview with Ana Paula Valente
- Binding properties of different categories of IDO1 inhibitors: a microscale thermophoresis study
- GABAA receptor family: an overview on structural characterization
- Cryo-EM used to reveal new therapies to treat addiction
- This novel NMR technique could be a game-changer for drug screening
- Polymer scaffolds seek to improve targeted drug delivery
Thank you to everyone who took part in our survey!
Thank you to all those who took part in our survey and shares their thoughts on biophysical imaging in drug discovery. The results are in! Check out our infographic and see what other scientists around the world are doing; how do you compare?